Welcome to OLLI-UM Online
OLLI-UM is a welcoming, active community of lifelong learners who enjoy stimulating and lively programs and meeting new people. We hope you enjoyed our spring and summer virtual lectures and classes, and invite you to join our online offerings this fall!. We are pleased to continue our online programming so we can ensure a safe environment, with interactive learning and opportunities for social connection.
Inside our online and print (pdf) catalogs, you will discover OLLI-UM’s many programs: lectures, study groups, special events, social gatherings (virtual), out of town trips (virtual!), and volunteer opportunities.
OLLI has planned programming on Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion as a priority - there are 16 lectures and other events planned. See page 3 in the print catalog for a list of these offerings that share ways to engage and learn on these important topics. We need volunteers who can help OLLI-UM continue work in these important areas.
We have a lot going on - please join us as we build and learn! Let us know if we can answer your questions or help you in any way. Contact us: (734) 998-9351 or email@example.com.
Fall 2020 Registration
- OLLI's Fall Registration is open: Online registration is preferred, but registration forms may also be sent in by U.S. Mail.
- Lotteries for Study Groups and Shared Interest Groups that were oversubscribed have been conducted and confirmations were sent out by e-mail the evening of Friday, September 11th.
- Registration for all events that are not oversubscribed is continuing on a first-come first-served basis.
How to Sign Up for Fall 2020
- Register online at www.olli-umich.org (preferred and appreciated this term!). You need to use your OLLI e-mail address and password to Sign In. Then use the online Course Catalog to find and register for events using a Visa, Mastercard , Discover or American Express card to pay.
- Register by mailing in your registration form with a check. In-person registration at the OLLI office is not available this term.
- Annual OLLI-UM membership fee $25
- Membership runs September 1 to August 31
- Lecture and class fees vary
- Scholarships are available
Fall 2020 Programs
- All of OLLI's Fall 2020 programs are being conducted online using Zoom.
- Information about Zoom is available online. A Zoom Meeting Tutorial video is also available for viewing to help people get started.
- Evenings with OLLI are now called Afternoons with OLLI since they are meeting from 3:30 to 5:00 pm using Zoom.
- The OLLI Commons is a free and open Zoom meeting space available to OLLI members for one-time events at member request or for regularly scheduled informal gatherings that meet once a month, twice a month, or every week.
- Two lecture series are being offered as part of the Urgent and Critical Lecture Series:
- The Distinguished Lecture Series is offering five fall term lectures:
- Democracy and Debate (09/08/2020)
- Efforts by the Chronic Pain and Fatigue Research Center (10/13/2020)
- What Happened Last Tuesday (11/10/2020
- Women in American Soccer and European Football: Different Roads to Shared Glory on the Field and in Society (12/08/2020)
- Stress and Brain Health from Biology to Social Context (01/12/2021
- The Thursday Morning Lecture Series is offering 33 lectures organized into six series during the fall and winter/spring/summer terms:
- Poverty, Inequity, and Disparity (09/10/2020 - 10/15/2020)
- 1619-Present - The Many Consequences of Slavery: The Cost of Historical Injustices (10/22/2020 - 12/03/2020)
Advances in Science (01/14/2021 - 02/18/2021)
Graphic Books, Memes, and More (02/25/2021 - 04/08/2021)
Central America: Coffee to Caravans (04/15/2021 - 05/20/2021)
- The three lecture Summer Lecture Series will focus on "Food Insecurity" (June and July 2021)
- And much more:
- Five Shared Interest Groups, four continuing and one new
- Fifty Study Groups on an incredibly wide range of topics are being offered this fall
- Three casual, friend-producing afternoon programs — well-suited to people not yet retired
- OLLI Reads!, a shared experience where OLLI members read and discuss a common book
- An OLLI Dialog, to promote conversations and questions throughout presentations
- OLLI's Video Catalog includes over 100 recordings with more being added throughout the fall.
- Follow these links for information on OLLI's offerings by topic:
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
- Distinguished Lectures Series & Thursday Lecture Series
- Special Events/Projects: Election 2020, OLLI Reads, Covid-19 Lectures
- Study Groups
- Shared Interest Groups (SIGs)
- Afternoons with OLLI
- OLLI Digital
- OLLI Commons
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Q & A for Newcomers
- Catalog and Registration Questions