The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Michigan was established to encourage adults to continue their learning long after formal schooling is done. The Institute’s popular programs help mature adults to rediscover the piquancy of learning — the joy of discovery and feelings of accomplishment that are unencumbered by tests, grades, or drills.
Winter 2022 programs will be conducted online using Zoom.
The OLLI offices, located in the Turner Senior Resource Center, are open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am-5pm. Masks are required, regardless of vaccination status per University policy.
30+ years of service to adult learners ages 50+
Upcoming OLLI Events
Some upcoming OLLI events are free and open to the public. Scholarships are available.
- Healthy Aging Series - FREE beginning January 17 to May 27 - Click the link to register. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScoA67LnrzX9Pn5jz6gh9HjQuQids2_woKUI6xDeqG3Cm2hyg/viewfor
- Thursday Morning Lecture Series: Global Waters: Global Rivers: A New View from Space- Thursday, January 27th from 10:00 - 11:30AM
- OLLI Reads: The Ground Breaking: An American City and Its Search for Justice by Dr. Scott Ellsworth- Friday, January 28th from 10:00 - 11:30AM
- Commons Updates:
- *New* Volunteer Ann Arbor meets the first and third Tuesday of the month at 9:00 am starting on January, 11th 2022
- The Schmoozery meets every Wednesday at 1:00 pm
- Coffee with Marta meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month at 9:00 am
- The First Friday Happy Hour meets the first Friday of the month at 4:30pm
- Poetry with Ginny Bentz meets the third Friday of the month at 7:00 pm
- The Book Beat meets the 4th Tuesday of the month at 4:00pm