The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Michigan was established to encourage adults to continue their learning long after formal schooling is done. The Institute’s popular programs help mature adults to rediscover the piquancy of learning — the joy of discovery and feelings of accomplishment that are unencumbered by tests, grades, or drills.
This year’s programs feature:
- Seven lecture series totaling 43 presentations, with average attendance over 275 people;
- More than 160 study groups on a wide variety of topics;
- Five casual, friend-producing evening programs — well-suited to people not yet retired;
- Six day-long travel ventures to Michigan venues.
OLLI's Winter/Spring 2020 Term
- Registration for Fall 2019 events is open now.
- OLLI's print and online catalogs for Winter/Spring 2020 events will be available and registration will open the week of December 15th.
- An open house will be held on January 13th.
- An equal opportunity registration period will run through mid-January when a lottery will be held for study groups, out of town trips, and special events that are oversubscribed.
- Registration is available online, by U.S. Mail, and in person at the OLLI Office, and at OLLI lectures.
- Preview some of the upcoming events in 2020
OLLI in Action
Watch our video to see how our programs impact our members' lives.