The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Michigan was established to encourage adults to continue their learning long after formal schooling is done. The Institute’s popular programs help mature adults to rediscover the piquancy of learning — the joy of discovery and feelings of accomplishment that are unencumbered by tests, grades, or drills.
- Read the Fall 2019 welcome letter from OLLI's Director and the President of the OLLI Leadership Council.
This year’s programs feature:
- Seven lecture series totaling 43 presentations, with average attendance over 275 people;
- More than 160 study groups on a wide variety of topics;
- Five casual, friend-producing evening programs — well-suited to people not yet retired;
- Six day-long travel ventures to Michigan venues.
OLLI's Fall 2019 registration
- Fall 2019 Welcome Letter
- Fall 2019 Brochure (pdf)
- Fall 2019 Print Catalog (pdf)
- Fall 2019 Online Catalog
- Date and time changes and other corrections
An equal opportunity registration period for Study Groups, Out of Town Trips, and Special Events closed on Thursday, September 5th at 8:00 am. Registration on a first-come-first-served basis is continuing for all events that are not oversubscribed.
A lottery has been conducted for all Study Groups, Out of Town Trips, and Special Events that were oversubscribed when the equal opportunity registration period closed. The lottery results were sent out by e-mail mid-day on Thursday, 5 September 2019. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact OLLI by phone at 734-998-9351 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
OLLI in Action
Watch our video to see how our programs impact our members' lives.