The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Michigan was established to encourage adults to continue their learning long after formal schooling is done. The Institute’s popular programs help mature adults to rediscover the piquancy of learning — the joy of discovery and feelings of accomplishment that are unencumbered by tests, grades, or drills.
See Welcome to OLLI-UM Online for an overview of OLLI's Fall 2020 programs.
This year’s programs feature:
- Seven lecture series totaling 43 presentations, offered online through Zoom;
- Two Urgent and Critical Lecture series - the six lecture series Election 2020 and the four lecture series The Lasting Impact of Covid-19;
- More than 50 study groups on a wide variety of topics;
- Five shared interest groups, four continuing and one new;
- Three casual, friend-producing afternoon programs — well-suited to people not yet retired;
- The OLLI Commons, a free and open Zoom meeting space available to OLLI members for one-time events at member request or for regularly scheduled informal gatherings that meet once a month, twice a month, or every week;
- OLLI's Video Catalog includes over 100 recordings with more being added throughout the fall.
OLLI's Fall 2020 Term
OLLI is active online!
- OLLI is live streaming lectures and providing other online content to keep you engaged and informed.
- All of OLLI's Fall 2020 programs are being conducted online using Zoom.
- See Welcome to OLLI-UM Online for an overview of OLLI's Fall 2020 programs.
- The OLLI offices are closed to the public, but you can reach OLLI staff by sending e-mail to email@example.com and by calling, 734-998-9351.
Fall 2020 Registration
- OLLI's Fall Registration is open. Registration for all events that are not oversubscribed is continuing on a first-come first-served basis.
- Online registration is preferred, but registration forms may also be sent in by U.S. Mail. In-person registration at the OLLI office is not available this term.
- Annual OLLI-UM membership fee is $25 and covers the period from September 1st to August 31st. Lecture and class fees vary.
- Scholarships are available
- Zoom is a video conferencing platform that provides high definition, interactive collaboration tools for communication. All of OLLI's Fall 2020 programs are being conducted online using Zoom.
- You will receive a Zoom Meeting ID and link specific to your OLLI event by e-mail before the events you have registered for begin.
- Zoom information is also available in OLLI's online Course Catalog for events for which you have registered as well as for events that are free or do not require registration.
- If you are signed in, you can also see Zoom information on your payment History web page.
- A video tutorial is available to help you get started with Zoom.
- Additional information about using Zoom is available online.