The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Michigan was established to encourage adults to continue their learning long after formal schooling is done. The Institute’s popular programs help mature adults to rediscover the piquancy of learning — the joy of discovery and feelings of accomplishment that are unencumbered by tests, grades, or drills.
- Read the Fall 2019 welcome letter from OLLI's Director and the President of the OLLI Leadership Council.
This year’s programs feature:
- Seven lecture series totaling 43 presentations, with average attendance over 275 people;
- More than 160 study groups on a wide variety of topics;
- Five casual, friend-producing evening programs — well-suited to people not yet retired;
- Six day-long travel ventures to Michigan venues.
OLLI's Fall 2019 registration is open!
There is no rush to register for Study Groups, Out of Town Trips, and Special Events during the equal opportunity registration period that runs until Thursday, September 5th at 8:00am. Once this equal opportunity registration period ends, all oversubscribed events will be entered into a lottery and members will be notified of the lottery outcome no later than Monday, September 9th.
Registration on a first-come-first-served basis will continue for all open events and classes after the lottery is conducted.
OLLI in Action
Watch our video to see how our programs impact our members' lives.