The Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at the University of Michigan was established to encourage adults to continue their learning long after formal schooling is done. The Institute’s popular programs help mature adults to rediscover the piquancy of learning — the joy of discovery and feelings of accomplishment that are unencumbered by tests, grades, or drills.
Winter 2022 programs will be conducted online using Zoom.
The OLLI offices, located in the Turner Senior Resource Center, are open on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9am-5pm. Masks are required, regardless of vaccination status per University policy.
30+ years of service to adult learners ages 50+
Upcoming OLLI Events
To register for an OLLI event, please first sign in to your account here.
Some upcoming OLLI events are free and open to the public. Scholarships are available.
- Healthy Aging Series - FREE beginning January 17 to May 27 - Click the link to register. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScoA67LnrzX9Pn5jz6gh9HjQuQids2_woKUI6xDeqG3Cm2hyg/viewfor
- *Rescheduled for May 26- Thursday Morning Lecture Series: Native Americans of the Great Lakes Region: From Encounter to Removal: Indigenous Persistence Strategies in the Western Great Lakes
- Summer Lecture Series: Nature and Recreation in Michigan: Michigan’s State Parks: 100 years of making memories- Thursday, 6/09/2022 from 10:00 - 11:30am
- Distinguished Lecture Series: Making Sense of Afghanistan History and Place in World Politics- Tuesday, 6/14/2022 from 10:00 -11:30am
Summer Lecture Series: Nature and Recreation in Michigan: Management History, Past and Present, of Michigan’s Cervids (Deer, Elk, and Moose)- Thursday, 6/16/2022 from 10:00 - 11:30am
- Summer Lecture Series: Nature and Recreation in Michigan: The Huron-Clinton Metroparks: Southeastern Michigan Gems- Thursday, 6/23/2022 from 10:00 - 11:30am
- Commons Updates:
- Volunteer Ann Arbor meets the second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 9:00 am
- The Schmoozery meets every Wednesday at 1:00 pm
- Coffee with Marta meets on the 1st and 3rd Tuesdays of the month at 9:00 am
- Poetry with Ginny Bentz meets the third Friday of the month at 7:00 pm